Redhorse Awarded 5-year, $4 Million IDIQ Contract by CERL
September 25, 2015
Redhorse was awarded a 5-year, $4 Million Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract by the Engineer Research and Development Center’s (ERDC’s), Construction Engineering Research Laboratory (CERL) to support its research and development mission in the core area of military contingency infrastructure.
CERL focuses its research efforts on increasing the Army’s ability to more efficiently design, construct, operate and maintain installations and contingency bases and ensuring environmental quality and safety at reduced life-cycle cost. Efficient contingency bases that minimize use of external resources and generation of waste, and enhance relations with local communities, are critical for successful deployments, from disaster response and humanitarian assistance to stability operations and conflicts.
The contract will enhance successful delivery of technology and solutions to key stakeholders including the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology (ASAALT), Army Facilities Component System, Joint Partners, and the Installation Management Command. Specific areas of focus include:
- Military facility and infrastructure technology assessments and analysis
- Development of planning and design tools and management processes
- Systems engineering, programming, and numerical modeling to develop support and analysis tools for military engineering operations
- Research to develop or demonstrate environmental engineering and chemical / biological technologies, tools, and processes to support military infrastructure and operations.
- Research and studies in socio-cultural areas related to military operations and contingency basing facilities.